COVID Risk Assessment & remote learning plans
Lateral flow testing for households of children at school
Anyone who has sustained contact with school children will be eligible, including households of school children, members of support bubbles, childcare and those in related occupations, to access lateral flow tests.
Further information can be found here:
How will I get these tests?
Getting these test kits is easy and there are a number of ways you can obtain tests:
- If you already test through your employer based testing programme you can continue to use that
- Collect self-test kits for home use from a collection site; find your nearest site by visiting https://find-covid-19-rapid-test-sites.maps.test-and-trace.nhs.uk/
- Order a self-test kit online to be delivered to your home https://www.gov.uk/ordercoronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
Tests are free, fast and easy to use and you can easily report test results online.
Where do I need to go to collect self-test kits in Plymouth?
Local tests sites in Plymouth are located at
- Plymouth Marjon University Local Test Site, Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BH (this centre is in the lower car park outside the gymnasium)
- The Guildhall, Armada Way, Guildhall Square, Plymouth PL1 2BJ (go to the Lower Guildhall)
- Former Seaton Barracks, William Prance Road, Plymouth, PL65ZD Sites are open for collection 1.00pm – 8.00pm, 7 days per week.
Please check the website for the most up to date information for the site you intend to visit – you do not need to book. Over time further sites where tests can be collected may become available and they will be shown on the website and local information will also be updated on the Plymouth City Council website
Please note that schools are not able to supply testing kits for households of school children, members of support bubbles, childcare and those in related occupations and you will need to use the methods above.